Renters Who Think They Don’t Need Insurance Are at Risk
Renters often overlook the value of their own property. They also may not realize that they could be held financially liable if another person is injured (or if that person’s possessions are damaged) while at their apartment, rented home, dormitory, or off-campus housing.
Renters insurance is smart and affordable
Renters insurance can help with all of these issues — and we can help you find a solid renters policy that is remarkably affordable.
Many landlords, colleges, and universities require renters insurance. But even if this isn’t a stipulation of your rental agreement, it simply makes smart financial sense. Most coverage is quite affordable, averaging just $187 a year in the U.S.
Consider the value of your furniture, mobile phone, computer, jewelry, sports equipment, and wardrobe. The average renter owns $20,000 to $30,000 worth of goods.
For pennies on the dollar, renters insurance can help you protect the value of those items and shield you from the financial consequences of a lawsuit if someone blames you for their loss or injury. You may also get help with the cost of moving if your rented unit becomes uninhabitable.
How we can help
- Select an appropriate policy based on your assets and financial risk
- Pinpoint the deductible you’re comfortable carrying, which is how much you’d pay on a claim before the insurance kicks in
- Identify whether you should insure your goods for actual cash value (how much they are worth at the time of loss) or replacement value (how much it would cost to replace them with items of similar value and quality)
- Provide proof of insurance if requested by your landlord
We are pleased to insure apartment and home renters, as well as students living in dormitories or other campus housing.
What standard renters insurance covers
- Storm damage
- Accidental breakage and damage
- Temporary living expenses if you are displaced from your rental
- Personal liability to cover your responsibility for another individual’s medical expenses, lost wages or property replacement
Additional (optional) policies and endorsements
- Money, bank notes, and coins
- Business property
- Securities and negotiable instruments
- Watercraft and related items
- Jewelry and furs
- Silverware and goldware
- Customizable coverages, limits, and deductibles
- Policies built to protect your unique assets
- Responsive, friendly claims professionals
- Easy claims reporting process
Get in touch today
Even if you are not sure you need renters insurance, give us a call or send us an email and we will talk — no obligation. We will explain how you can make sure you are fully protected.
Connect with one of our experts to learn more about how we can help with your renter’s insurance.
This content is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing professional, financial, medical or legal advice. You should contact your licensed professional to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Please refer to your policy contract for any specific information or questions on applicability of coverage.
Please note coverage can not be bound or a claim reported without written acknowledgment from a OneGroup Representative.
Written content in blog post: Copyright © 2022 Applied Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.