Are You Sure You’re Safe From a Cyber Attack?
Cyber attacks are dramatically increasing in frequency while cyber attackers continue to increase their skill, stealth, and ambition. There are more ways than ever to fall victim to an attack, and the cost of an attack has multiplied by more than ten since 2019. (And that’s just the extortion price.)
A good cyber policy will help you cover the cost of that extortion, plus any combination of the following:
- Business interruption costs
- Repairs to breached systems and equipment
- System upgrades (if your existing hardware/software is at risk)
- PR costs – notifying affected customers, reputation repair
- Restoring lost data
- Forensics/investigation fees
- Legal fees
- Resources and services to prevent attacks in the first place
Remember: not all policies are created equal. Read your policy carefully to truly understand what it covers and what it doesn’t, or work with an expert who can explain your options to you.