Every manufacturer and distributor is different, your program should be, too.
The wholesale distributing and manufacturing industry is fast-paced and holds many risks, such as inventory volumes, number and type of outlets for goods and services, volatility of supply chains and distribution channels, equipment demands, technology, and personnel.
Providing risk management to such a dynamic industry has its challenges, but OneGroup – with our extensive experience and comprehensive portfolio of services – is up to the task. We invest the time to understand your operations, advantages, and risks in order to confidently offer solutions to protect your assets, earnings, and business reputation.
Areas that may need attention include:
- Inventory damage, loss or spoilage
- Business interruption
- Warranty contract commitments
- Real estate holdings and lease contracts liability
- Communication failures and reporting errors
- Transportation and equipment
- Product recalls and liability (specific to your business)
- Crime including employee theft
- Personal and advertising liability
- Employee benefits and employment practices liability
- Workers’ compensation
- Property damage
There are, of course, many other risk exposures facing wholesale distributors and manufacturers, so it’s critical that you work with an independent insurance broker who understands your industry and listens closely to your specific business needs. An independent insurance broker, such as OneGroup, is free to search the markets for the best coverage at the best price for you. We work for you, not for the insurance companies. This is an important distinction!