Quick Facts About OneGroup
- OneGroup is a wholly owned subsidiary of Community Bank, N.A., (NYSE: CBU), headquartered in DeWitt, New York.
- OneGroup provides financial stability and superior growth potential through its parent, Community Bank, N.A., a nearly $10 billion entity.
- OneGroup is a leading risk management, insurance brokerage and employee benefits firm headquartered at OneGroup Center, 706 North Clinton St., Syracuse, NY 13204.
- OneGroup services include risk management, workplace injury management, business insurance, personal insurance, employee benefits insurance and consulting, human capital services including outsourced human resources and HR consulting.
- OneGroup offers its clients additional services including investment advisory, wealth management, financial planning, estate planning, retirement and pension services, and fiduciary services through affiliated companies BPAS, Community Wealth Management and The Carta Group.
- OneGroup employs more than 200 experts, specialists and staff at 18 locations throughout the Northeast.
- OneGroup serves more than 12,000 personal and business clients.
- OneGroup’s roots in banking and insurance go back 100 years in Madison, Oneida, and Onondaga counties.
- OneGroup annually places in excess of $300 million in insurance premium for its clients.
The company’s roots can be traced back to 1866, just one year after the Civil War and the founding of Oneida Savings Bank in Oneida, New York. Soon after, the Bailey and Haskell families and various partners independently began offering business and personal insurance.
Over the decades, Bailey and Haskell eventually joined forces to become the leading insurance agency in Oneida and worked closely with Oneida Savings Bank to provide its customers insurance. Both organizations grew steadily to become leading businesses and major contributors to the Oneida region.
In 1998, Oneida Savings bank began the process of becoming a public company under the holding entity, Oneida Financial Corp. (ONFC). To enhance its market position, Oneida bank acquired Bailey & Haskell in 2000 and set about making additional acquisitions of companies with compatible vision and services. In addition to acquiring several smaller agencies, Oneida Bank acquired Benefit Consulting Group, a leading benefits and human resources consulting firm in the Central New York region. Workplace Health Solutions, a start-up firm specializing in workplace injury management was added in 2008.
After completing the bank’s public offering in 2010, ONFC branded the growing complex of acquired businesses as OneGroup.
In December 2015, Community Bank, N.A. acquired Oneida Financial Corp. and all of its assets including Oneida Savings Bank, Chittenango Bank, Oneida Wealth Management and OneGroup.
Bailey & Haskell Insurance – Bailey & Haskell Insurance has been known by several names over the decades, most notably Bailey, Haskell & LaLonde. The insurance and risk management concern has experienced rapid growth from approximately $9 million in agency revenue in 2008 to more than $22 million in 2015. Today, as OneGroup, the firm is one of the fastest-growing independent insurance brokers and risk management firms in Upstate New York and a leader in its industry.
Benefit Consulting Group – Benefit Consulting Group began as Retirement Income Services, a firm that specialized in retirement plan design and administration and sophisticated life insurance plans. The company expanded its services to include benefits and human resources consulting, renamed itself Benefit Consulting Group, and quickly became one of the leading and most respected benefit consulting firms in the Central New York region. Today, OneGroup’s fast-growing employee benefits and human capital services continue to be highly regarded and sought after by leading companies in Upstate New York and beyond.
Schenectady Insuring Agency – Schenectady Insuring Agency’s roots in the Schenectady, New York region, go back to 1855. Beginning as a collection of smaller insurance agencies and lone agents, the firm was incorporated in 1913 and grew to become Schenectady’s leading independent insurance broker. In 1986, the Schenectady Insuring Agency merged with the Johnson, Jessen and McMahon to become one of the largest agencies in the Capital region. Today, as part of OneGroup, the agency continues to be a leader in the region.
Workplace Health Solutions – Workplace Health Solutions originated in 2008 as an independent company supporting insurance and risk management services in all areas of workplace injuries. A major component of the firm’s offering was independent medical examination (IME) services including doctor networks to ensure that injured workers received immediate attention. Workplace Health Solutions has been reorganized within OneGroup, now focusing on workers’ compensation risk management and marketing IME services to third party administration firms and litigation attorneys.
CBNA Insurance Agency – CBNA Insurance Agency began as a collection of independent insurance agencies across the northern New York region including Tupper Lake, Plattsburgh, Canton, Harrisville, Heuvelton and Malone. Originally the Camil G. Maroun, Jr.
Insurance Agency of Tupper Lake, which began serving the North Country in 1974, the agency became a subsidiary of Community Bank, N.A. Today, the agency has been reorganized as part of OneGroup and continues to be a trusted leader in Northern New York for personal and business insurance.
- OneGroup employs more than 200 experts, specialists and staff offering clients a wide range of expertise:
- 15 Benefits Specialists
- 2 ACA Specialists
- 4 Human Resources Professionals
- 4 Risk Management Specialists
- 8 Business Insurance Placement Experts
- 30 Business Insurance Customer Service Specialists
- 14 Business Insurance Sales Professionals
- 1 Employee Benefit Insurance Sales Professional
- 1 Insurance Auditing Specialist
- 1 Construction Underwriting Specialist
- 3 Accounting Professionals
- 2 Legal Professionals
- 3 Engineering/Science Professionals
- 46 Personal Insurance Customer Service Specialists
- 12 Personal Insurance Sales Professionals
- 15 Insurance Coverage Specialists
- 1 Corporate Communications and Marketing Expert
- 4 Marketing and Advertising Specialists
- 1 Surety Specialist
- OneGroup designed and constructed a state-of-the-art 25,000 square foot collaboration and education center to accelerate interaction between its many experts and specialists to be first to market with solutions for its clients.
- Oneida Savings Bank was founded, one year after the Civil War ends
- In the early 1900s, the Bailey and Haskell families independently begin selling insurance
- Retirement Income Services is founded in Syracuse, offering retirement plan consulting
- Hamblin, Munz & Haskell and Bailey Insurance Services Merge to become Bailey & Haskell Associates
- Retirement Income Services adds benefit and HR consulting to its services and becomes Benefit Consulting Group1998 Oneida Savings Bank begins process to take the bank public under holding company, Oneida Financial Corp.
- Oneida Financial Corp., through Oneida Bank, purchases the insurance agencies of Bailey & Haskell Associates, Noyes & LaLonde and Dunn Agency forming Bailey, Haskell & LaLonde
- Benefit Consulting Group expands services to include financial planning, investment advisory and wealth management
- Oneida Financial Corp. through Oneida Bank, acquires Benefit Consulting Group
- Workplace Health Solutions is formed by Oneida Financial Corp. to support insurance and risk management operations
- Financial planning, investment advisory and wealth management are reorganized under Oneida Bank and a new broker dealer formation, Oneida Wealth Management
- Oneida Financial Corp. through Oneida Savings Bank, acquires Schenectady Insuring Agency and reorganizes the agency under Bailey & Haskell Associates
- Oneida Financial reorganizes all non-banking companies under the new brand, OneGroup
- Community Bank N.A. acquired Oneida Financial Corp. including OneGroup
- CBNA Insurance Agency is merged with OneGroup